Monday, May 30, 2011

Is Non-Traditional For You?


Pictured above is my son Jackson's birth announcement. I know it's not what many people would picture as a birth announcement. Jackson is named after my husband's father (Jackson aka Jack) and John Bonham, the drummer from Led Zeppelin. My husband is a huge Zeppelin fan and a drummer himself. Since his name is a little unique we wanted to have some fun with his announcement and so the mini Led Zeppelin album concept was born. 

Johnny chose the "Physical Graffiti" cover because of the name in the windows and it's one of his favorite albums. The announcement is a 5.75" square and was mailed in a white square envelope. I did the scrapbook look on the inside and the back as a way to showcase pictures of our new bundle of joy and his birth information which is listed on the "concert ticket". Guitar picks, drumsticks and old polaroids along with a backstage pass completed the look. Now this kind of announcement is not for everyone but sometimes it's fun to think outside the box and have some fun with things that are usually thought of as traditional like birth announcements and wedding invitations. I know that many designers such as myself welcome this kind of opportunity to have some fun and make something very creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment