Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 was a great year…on to 2012!

I've been working on this post for a week and am finally getting the chance to finish it up. I'm sure I'm missing some parties and events but this is just a very brief and very belated 2011 wrap up. I want to thank all my readers, customers, friend and family for all their support. 2011 was a great year…now on to an even better 2012!


JANUARY
January was spent recouping from lots of fun Christmas orders and preparing 
for Mardi Gras and Audrey's birthday party. 

FEBRUARY
Was very busy, first I created some Valentine's printables for Catch My Party
Then we threw a party for Audrey's school friends, an art party and then 
her annual Mardi Gras Kiddie Krewe Parade party which was a movie theme this year. 
Both of these were featured as the Catch My Party Party of the Day which was a HUGE honor!


I also shared this tutorial from the balloon topiary on Catch My Party.




MARCH
Was a pretty laid back month as I prepared for the birth of our second child. 
I designed another set of printables for Catch My Party for Easter and hosted a couple 
giveaways on my blog and through Swell Swag.

APRIL
Welcome Jackson Bonham Welch!


He had one of the most non-traditional announcements ever.


MAY
May was a fun month. I teamed up with my friend Amelia Chandler from Her Royal Heinous 
to create a budget friendly styled shoot for Memorial Day. We were SUPER EXCITED 
when it was featured on Pizzazzerie.


JUNE
I created so new birthday ceramics and painted 
many, many custom wedding platters.


JULY
July was a great month! I unveiled my new website created by the fabulous Amy from Coffee, Crafts and Cupcakes. To celebrate I hosted a giveaway on Cupcakemag with several wonderful vendors. The party from giveaway will be this upcoming February so I can't wait to share pics.

I also helped to host a couple baby showers for dear friends that had babies. These new collections, Morgan and Monkey Fun, were also added to the shop. 


We also baptized baby Jack in July. I had a lot of fun creating this event and it was 
so special to share it with his god parents that traveled in from New York City and Florida. Nancy from A to Zebra Celebrations was sweet enough to share Jack's baptism with her readers.


For the very end of July I teamed up again with Her Royal Heinous to create a Zebras and Zinnias styled shoot. Nothing says challenge like creating an outdoor sweets table in the 100+ Louisiana heat. It was a huge success, we had a ton of fun and to top it off it was featured on Hostess with the Mostess!!!


AUGUST
August was busy too with back to school and I was also asked to participate in the Christmas Crew Blog Hop with the super talented Blush Printables, the Purple Pug and Party Starters.


SEPTEMBER
I was so excited when Chris from Celebrations at Home asked me to participate in her Autumn Vendor Challenge. I designed a special collection and had a friend of mine, Daniel Strickland Photography shoot it for me. My Little Love and Two Sugar Babies contributed and it turned out better than I could have imagined.

September also had another major event for Magnolia Creative Co., joining with Her Royal Heinous to form Let's Geaux Party (Pronounced "Go"), a local event planning service. More to come on that in another post as well as pictures from several parties and events we planned this fall and winter ;)

One more great event in September, the birth of my first nephew Charlie. Yeah!

OCTOBER
My poor little blog faced some huge neglect in October and Amelia and I prepared for our first BIG Let's Geaux Party event. It was for over 200 people, took 5 weeks of planning and was a huge success. We couldn't have been happier!

NOVEMBER
In November we held some great sales to prepare for Christmas and in December…

We wised you a very Merry Christmas and a
very happy, happy New Year!










No comments:

Post a Comment