Friday, January 20, 2012

Where have I been…..?

Well 2012 started off calm, getting work done around the house and on some new projects and then my little man caught RSV so he and I spent a week in quarantine in his room so all work came to a halt.  After that he caught pneumonia and so he and we spent a few days in the hospital. While I loved getting to spend so much time with him I hated that he was sick. After getting "juiced up" he was happily discharged and we headed home, yeah! Big sister and his daddy were very excited to see us and that "Smilin' Jack" was smilin' again! Now that everyone has recuperated I'm catching up on some projects and some new products I'm creating for 2012 that I'm VERY excited about.


First up some new Mardi Gras and Valentine printables. I'm also in full on party planning mode for Audrey's fourth birthday. This year's theme is Pirates and Princesses. For those that don't know her birthday falls during Mardi Gras and we live on the parade route. The kids decorate wagons and we have our own Kiddie Krewe Parade! Here is a sneak peak of Queen Audrey's Royal Invitation. I even channeled my inner Purple Pug and glittered away! I wrapped the invitation with some metallic paper, ribbon and sealed with with a wax seal, well a glue gun faux seal! It was so easy, I sealed 52 invitations in less than 30 minutes. You just put the faux wax seal in any standard glue gun and stamp away. I purchased my stamp and faux wax from Letterseals.com There are tons of colors and they make a very easy embellishment for any royal themed party. A little tip, you must use a metal stamp and keep it in a small bowl of ice when you're working and blot before stamping.


Check back soon for a new FREE Valentine printable set. I'm also working on the final touches to some pieces for our cupcakemag giveaway winner's party that will be featured by cupcakemag! New 2012 products will be arriving to the store soon and I'm sure you'll love as much as I do! Have a great weekend everyone!





4 comments:

  1. Emily - I'm so happy to hear that you little love is doing much better! I look forward to seeing all of your new creations for this new year : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad jack is home! i love that "wax" seal idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad "smilin Jack" is home with his sweet big sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have loved that wax seal idea ever since I had a kit (by Hallmark, I think?) way back in high school!

    ReplyDelete