Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Marinated Cheese Appetizer Recipe


With the holiday season quickly approaching I thought I would share one of my favorite appetizers, Marinated Cheese. I have to credit my mother for this recipe. She's famous for it and was even featured in the Baton Rouge Advocate for this recipe. It's a very easy dish to make and it's always gone at the end of the night. The few times I've not made it people have asked where it is so now I make sure to always prepare it. 

Marinated Cheese Appetizer
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup wine vinegar
3 tablespoons chopped green onions
3 tablespoons chopped parsley (bottled kind is fine)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon oregano
1 small jar chopped pimento
3 cloves of crushed garlic
Various cheeses: Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Pepper Jack, Swiss....
Ritz crackers, Triscuits or Wheat Thins

Slice cheeses and lay vertically in your serving dish (see above picture). Mix all the above ingredients in a jar. Simply shake and pour over the cheeses and serve. 

One note, it's best to make the dressing the night before your event. I don't know why but that extra time mixing together just makes it taste better. You can even slice the cheese the night before too and right before your event pour the dressing over it and you're ready to serve. This dressing is even good over pasta mixed with shrimp or grilled chicken. YUM!

Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. I love love love this recipe. I've been making it for 5 years now, and I'm pretty sure I only get invites to parties just so I bring this along. The only changes I make are I use red wine vinegar instead of white, and I also use Pepperjack cheese alternated with the cheddar. All in all it's a never fail appetizer to share.

    ReplyDelete