Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Simple Mardi Gras Décor

It's no secret that I LOVE Mardi Gras. Raised in the South we bleed purple & gold and then some green. King Cake for breakfast is totally acceptable and "Throw me something mista" is one of the first full sentences you will learn as a child. My house is on the Mardi Gras route in Shreveport and this was one of the main reasons we purchased it. Saturday is the first parade and the first of two weekends my house will be filled with people, which my husband and I love. After four years I'm learning and changing a lot of the ways I'm decorating and entertaining. I've simplified a lot of the decorations inside the house. The main reason is because of my little boy is climbing on everything and unfortunately can't have anything nice in his chubby hands because it will shortly, be destroyed.

I wanted to share with you my simple Mardi Gras decor for this year. I say simple because in previous years everything was decorated, doorways, mantle, light fixtures, you name it. There were even arrangements in the bathroom! This year I decorated my mantle, the top of the china cabinet and a centerpiece on the dining room table. Now the outside party tent will be a different story, more to come on that later.

The mantle is a collection of ornaments and other Mardi Gras decor I've gathered over the year. I buy a lot of decorations after Christmas when they are half price - good cost cutting tip that the husband likes a lot! My favorite part of the dining room centerpiece, gold spray painted mason jars (inspired by Jenny of Craft that Party). Before this weekend I plan to add glitter to the bottoms in purple in green!








Some new additions this year is my beautiful ruffled burlap table runner from Sweet Tea and Linen. I love it and plan to use it year round! I also purchased several tassel garlands from The Flair Exchange. I'm saving two for my outside decorations on the day of our big party but I hung the purple, green and gold one on the mantle. Our last fun new party item is our personalized koozies from Cayenne Marketing. They match our invitation logo for this year and I know our guests will love them! The big party is next weekend. I can't wait to share the details Audie Gras 2013 - Super Hero Bash with you soon! Stay tuned and as always.....Laissez les bon temps rouler!



2 comments:

  1. Love it! Mardi Gras is one of my favorite holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are really creative ideas! I love the gold Ball mason jars!

    ReplyDelete