Friday, January 25, 2013

Time to Unplug!

image courtesy of lizandryan.com



I've been reading a lot of blogs lately that focus on setting goals, clearing clutter and doing what important to YOU! I'm starting to finally realize what this means and focus more on living authentically and not by what I think people think I should be. I'm reevaluating MCC and the direction it's going and making some major changes to the product line, to the focus and importantly to the simplicity of the website. My goal for 2013 is to blog more as well. To start I'm going to regularly posting on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It's a lofty task but I think I'm up to the challenge. I've got a number of new collections and products coming to the shop so one of these days will focus on those and the others will be recipes, decorating and fun crafty tutorials - yeah! I'll also be hosting some giveaways for some great companies that personally love.

Another really important change is  SOCIAL MEDIA FREE WEEKENDS! No Facebook or Instagram (business or personal) starting Friday at 5! I know this seems like a hard thing to do but to me it's very important, life is just to short. I hear people joking about friends getting together and all they do is play on their phone, I've experienced it first hand and it's just no way to live. I want to have real life friends and experiences not virtual ones. My kids will only be little for a short time and soon they'll want their one phone and by setting a good example that my phone is not my life, I hope they will follow my example. I'm going to be honest, this will be so hard and a drastic change, but it's for my benefit and my family's. I'm going to encourage my husband to do the same. He's not on Facebook but he does regularly read Tiger Droppings, which I affectionally call "LSU Facebook". Sunday nights after the kids go to bed and before I do the same will be catch up and picture post time.

With that being said I'm off to load some new collections to the website and then share them on Facebook and Instagram. After that it's good bye for the weekend. I hope you have a wonderful one with fun times enjoying your friends and family. Thank you so much for your support of my shop, it truly means the world to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment